Friday, May 27, 2011

Bug-O-Rama

The Summit Hotel, Subang USJ.

Bug-O-Rama! The invasion of Volkswagen Beetles! This was an official VW club event for the public. There were so many of them, I can't remember how many but I'm pretty sure it was more than 100 VW Beetles. Also included were the old-school VW vans (I can't remember the specific name for it), some other antique VW cars and also modern versions of Beetles. It was so cool! There were lots of modified and reconditioned cars and vans. Owners from various regions of Malaysia brought their cars here, creating a one huge gathering. People who came to visit basically talk business regarding vehicle parts, vehicle chassis, vehicle modification, engines and all sorts of things. It was very amazing to look at, I was very fascinated, makes me say to myself "this is what it looks like brand new back then".

Actually, my friend Izzat invited me to come and so I did. Also there with us was Nik Azlan and Syafiq. Izzat is one of the members of the club and he too owns a rare version of VW Beetle; modified Beetle to be exact. That is just wicked cool. But at that time he did not bring his Beetle; I believe his car was in the workshop or something else. During our stay there, Izzat met lots of his friends and they all talk about Beetles and business. (Enthusiasts.) Wow..

At the time, I was still using my Nikon D5000. So, here are some of my shots.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...