Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Aidiladha 2011 - Qurban

Johor Bahru, Johor.

This is an annual activity where residents of Taman Sri Pulai (Muslim residents, specifically) gather around to celebrate Eidul Adha and perform Qurban. So, for this particular occasion, there were 2 types of animals - 1 lamb and 3 cows, four in total, to be sacrificed for the purpose of Qurban. Everyone that participated in this activity made their contributions in completing the activity. So basically, my responsibility is taking photos of  the people who execute their works. That's the least I can do. haha..

On that day, the Qurban had started very early in the morning and the first animal to be sacrificed was the lamb. I missed that particular moment but I managed to capture some moments of the other 3 cows. I have to remind you, there are some pictures of blood and stuff, so viewers who might felt disturb is advised to immediately skip that photo as it is not censored. After all the activities of Qurban is settled, delicious foods are made from those animals. But there was only one main dish - sup daging - (besides some other dishes) which was made from the cows, the other main dish - the lamb - was not being served. I don't know why, but everyone there didn't have the chance to taste it. So where the heck did it go? Unfortunately, I don't know, and I think no one knows. And most probably no one even cares. So, what the heck? haha..

So, here are the shots I've taken. Enjoy ^^,

Happy Eidul Adha Everyone! 








(Viewers Discretion is Advised)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...