Saturday, September 17, 2011

Aidilfitri 2011 - Kenduri Bak & Ida

Hutan Melintang, Perak.

Attending this wedding ceremony is by far the most furthest place I've been. During the Ramadhan, I was informed by Wani and Nore that Bak and Ida are gonna get married on the 10th of September. So I asked where the ceremony would take place and they said Perak. I was really in shock, like yeah, that's very far from JB for God sake! At first I didn't want to but then they convinced me by suggesting to go there together and "tong-tong minyak + tol". So I immediately changed my mind and agreed on it. hehe.. 

So, on the morning of 10th September, my friends and I woke up early as we planned to start our journey at 6am. I arrived at UTM around 6am, then waited for the others (Wani, Nore, Anis and Abg Shahrul) to get well prepared for the journey. After everything was ok, we headed off to Perak with my car at 6.40am. I estimated that the journey would take about 5-6 hours to reach there. So most probably I should maintain my speed at 145-150kmh. (Crossing my fingers so that I don't get caught speeding..haha)

Since I'm familiar with the route to Perak, I felt pretty confident. So I thought, in order to go to Hutan Melintang, I  take the route from Teluk Intan, because at least I recognize all the roads there. However, the Google Maps app showed an alternative road to go there, which the suggested route will head straight to Hutan Melintang. Wani's GPS also showed the same preference. So we all agreed that we use the route preferred by Wani's GPS.


So, driving from JB, I took the Behrang Exit to head to Hutan Melintang, as preferred by the GPS. At first, the road was pretty good, a little narrow though, and had great surroundings, plus it was pouring rain a little at the time. I had this feeling like I was rallying through the curvy roads, so basically I had lots of fun driving through it (didn't care about how the others felt though..haha). Then we entered this route which was really isolated. Like really, there were no one using that road. What's more, along the path of that route the road surface was really uneven. It was a bumpy ride and spoiled my car's alignments. Then all of the sudden the road got really dirty with wet red soils. It just spoiled my car 'cleanliness' really bad. Overall, the road conditions seriously tortured my car.

Eventually, after facing several road challenges, we reached Bak and Ida's wedding ceremony by 12.40pm. My first thought was that the brides will arrive by 2 o'clock, but once we've reached there, the brides were already eating their meals. I was surprised though. I guess the 'perarakan masuk' Bak and Ida was planned to be done early. Then we met with some other friends there who arrived earlier than us.

At the moment, I took some pictures, so here are some of the results. ^^,






Click Here To View More =]

During our stay there, more of our friends came by and the ceremony just got even better because it felt like we were having a huge reunion. We had a lot of fun and laughter. It has been a very long time since the day we all graduated from UTM. Majority of them already started building their careers and only a few further their studies (which includes me and my friends). 

Then we had to get ready to go back home, which was another long journey to bare with. I was getting pretty tired though, but I kept my spirits up so that I have enough energy to drive. But then I asked them if they wanted to go anywhere. I can't remember who made up the idea of visiting Tiqah's house in Cheras, but I agreed on it anyway. haha.. So, Anis called Tiqah - if I'm correct, telling her that we are coming to visit her. Then Tiqah offered us to stay at her house for a night. I guess she had a considerable thought that we all need some rest. So, we all agreed on it. Lucky for us, we did brought along some spare clothes. ^^,

As we were on our way to Cheras, we stop by at a mosque to perform our prayers. Then immediately we went off to Tiqah's house. Along the way, Wani's mother called and she invited us to come over to eat some Nasi Dagang, so we agreed on that too. So we went over to Wani's house first, then Tiqah's. We eventually reached Wani's house at around 6.30pm.

As we settled down at Wani's house, the foods were already served along with some 'kuih raya'. And so we ate some served Nasi Dagang and guess what, it tasted great. Delicious! I really wished that I could eat more, but I was too tired due to the long drive. Then at around 7.30pm, we moved on to Tiqah's house. As we were on our way to Cheras, we got stuck in a congestion near Ampang. It was horrible! I can't recall how long we were in that congestion but we reached Tiqah's house before 9pm. It felt stressful, very stressful...plus with driving fatigues and all. I became very impatient and very much wished that I could reached the destination early so that I could have an early good rest.

As we reached the destination, we were greeted by Tiqah. Then we went inside and we all sat down on the couch with a huge relief. Fuh.. What a journey. Tiqah's mother had cooked us some mee goreng and reheated some Domino's Pizza. haha.. So, we ate some of it too. After the meal, we all went to our separate rooms which Abg Shahrul and I entered a guest room near the kitchen, and the girls entered Tiqah's room (sure, I think) upstairs. We all settled down in the separate rooms. The girls went out to DownTown, near HUKM after they've performed their prayers. But, Abg Shahrul and I went to bed early because we didn't want to follow them. I certainly don't want to because I was totally exhausted.

We all had a good sleep. It was already Sunday, breakfast was served and we all went out from our rooms. Then we 'lepak' at Tiqah's for a while. Then we went to the Time Square Theme Park just to have some fun. After having some fun there, we went back to Tiqah's house, get our stuffs packed and get ready to return to JB. So, we started our journey at around 5.30pm. After several pit stops along the way, we reached JB by 10.30pm. Alhamdulillah.. ^^,

Thank you so much Abg Shahrul, Anis, Nore, Wani and Tiqah. Had a great time together. We'll meet again soon insyaALLAH. ^^, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...