Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Visiting Ishaq

Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru.

Currently, my friend Ishaq, is still lying on a bed in the hospital. Its already been more than two weeks now. He checked in since the 25th of July. Basically at that time, I didn't know anything about him getting severely ill. Remember the previous post about going to Times Square? He was already at the hospital for three days, and I was in KL hanging out with friends. It really shocked me. He was well and healthy the last time I met him. I was told that he was into his second day of industrial training, then he got ill.

If not mistaken, Taufik was the one who told me about the shocking news. So, I had to meet Ishaq as soon as possible. The first time I met him; I came with Taufik, Syahir and Afif; he was lying on the bed, weak, his temperature was high, and unconscious. Probably he was asleep because he was so weak. He didn't eat anything for the past few days, but even if he did, he'd throw up. He only drinks. During the first visit, I was told by Ishaq's younger sister that he was suspected to be infected with 'Tibi' (don't know the correct spelling) around his intestines. And he has a minor short term memory loss. He barely talks much and he doesn't move much at all. When we took him to the toilet to go for a pee, he barely remembers the way back to his bed. I was afraid that something was infecting or messing his brain.

Then the second time I met him, I came with Taufik, Arif and Rasyid, and we brought a hamper for Ishaq. I felt that it wasn't proper to visit him empty handed, that's why we brought the hamper. It was pity to see him like that, probably he wasn't comfortable with the surroundings. The ward he stayed in was too warm and crowded with other sick patients. I just hoped that government's hospital could be improved and provide with better facilities and cheerful surroundings for both patients and personnel. Lots of people visited him at the time. And just like the first visit, he didn't move much, didn't talk much and was half conscious, but there was a tube to channel liquidated foods through his nose.

A couple days later, I obtained an info from some friend of my mom's that Ishaq had moved into the HDU (High Dependency Unit) Room. That's when I thought Ishaq's condition was getting worst. I was kind of worried. Then I got the latest news from Afif, which he told me that Ishaq was feeling better, he talks and he can move a little. Then on the third visit, I came with Taufik, Afif and Zubayr. Once we entered the HDU Room, Ishaq was cheerful and he talks none stop. But the way he talk was kinda awkward though. He pronounced each word slowly when he speaks. And his behavior was kinda like a 4 year old kid. He makes hilarious jokes, but kinda in a serious manner. So basically, we didn't know if he was for real or was joking. I kinda thought that he barely can justify what's joke and what's serious. All I can say that he was in his own world, maybe.

I brought along my camera with me. But then a nurse in the HDU Room told me that I couldn't take any pictures. I don't think its wrong to take pictures of Ishaq because there were no signage showing "No Cameras Allowed", so what the heck, I 'curi-curi tangkap la'. Heck, the previous visit, a friend of mine took some pictures of him and no one prohibited him. So? haha.. I didn't take much though because the nurses were constantly monitoring their patients in the HDU Room. So here are the pictures.



Yesterday, I visited him for the fourth time, and this time I came with my mom. Unfortunately, as soon we reached the HDU Room, Ishaq was getting prepared to be moved to the x-ray room for scanning. So I barely get to see him. And I had to get back early. Izzah was there, so I talked to her and all, and requested her if she could inform me anything about Ishaq after the scanning session has completed.

I felt kinda guilty at that time because I didn't get the chance to see him but InsyaALLAH I'll visit him again. Let us all pray for him, pray for his strength and pray for him to get well soon. InsyaALLAH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...