Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back To School

SMIH - SRIH, Kampung Sinaran Baru, Senai.

20/8/2011 - My old school was organizing a program called Malam Badar. For this typical program, it includes a huge iftar, performing prayers in large 'jemaah' and a talk from a representative which was regarding with Malam Badar. Basically, the programs starts as soon as we all break the fast.

So, lots of people come to this program like students, parents, teachers and alumni. The reason I went to the school was because of a promise I've made to Arif that I would help him and his other friends with the preparation of foods to distribute to the people who will attend the program. 

I headed to the school from my house after asar, I eventually reached there by 5.30pm. Most of the men there had already finished cooking the foods. The preparation had started early, like before zohor maybe. So what's left to do was to transfer the foods from the cafeteria to the building below (SRIH). So most of my helping hands were on that part of the job and distributing the food to particular areas around the building.

The food provided was conclusive of nasi, lauk kambing (I think; or was it lembu? hm..), lauk ayam, some fruits, some kurmas, some breads, and this other one thing that I don't know what it's called. haha, I'm not good at knowing food names, all I know is eating. haha.

What's fun was meeting old friends there. There were Arif, Amir, Syahir, Afif, Mad Long, Asyraf Aminuddin, Zubair, Ghazi and so on. Basically, I didn't participate much of the program, only helped for the preparation. Most of the time, I hanged out with all the other friends. Gathering together with my batch and walked around the school and talked about the past times. 

I left this school during 2005 and now its already 6 years, and lots of things had changed since then. There were 4 new buildings, which one of them was under construction. There were lots of major renovations, which was mostly different from what we had during our school years. Overall, our school was in the process of development, and to be honest, it looks good. 

I brought my camera along, so here are some of the pictures that I took. ^^,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...