Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Musibah ---> Steamboat

Dataran, Johor Bahru, Johor.

Well, based on the title of this post, the story basically goes like this; 2 days ago, as usual, breaking the fast with my family right outside the UTM's mosque. Then I met three of my degree friends; they too are furthering their masters; which has not been seen for a very long time. They were Anis, Nore and Wani. So we set the time to have a little 'moreh' together at Restoran Jalal after the tarawih. Basically, I too had made a promise to Ghazi that I would buy him steamboat for tonight's 'moreh'. After spending an hour with my x-degree friends, I immediately went to pick him up at his house. By that time it was already 11.15pm. My tank was about to empty, so I filled it up first at a gas station. Then off we went to the Dataran.

I drove my car fast enough to reach there early, because I intended not to come back home late. So, along the road heading to the Dataran, somewhere at Danga Bay area; at first it was a very smooth ride then all of the sudden a big sound came out, like a bang, which sounds similar to a broken thick steel bar. It was loud. I was very worried, but then again, I was pretty sure that I didn't hit anything on the road as the road was very clear and smooth. So I kept on driving till we reached the destination.

I parked the car at the parking area near the Dataran, then immediately inspected all the four tires and the belly of my car. We did not see anything as it was night and dark, even with the help of a torch light, there were no damage seen. So we suspected that there might be a damage, but don't know what and where. And so we headed off to eat first.


After an hour and 30 minutes later, we came back to the car. Earlier, Ghazi told me that there might be something wrong with the right-back-side tire, and he was right because as soon as we got to the car, that tire was already flat. I was a bit upset though, because all this while, this has never occurred to me, never had a flat tire since the day I got my license. Since I didn't have much of the experience, Ghazi helped me to replace it with a spare tire. Thank goodness I brought him along. Now I know how to do it, he taught me every aspect of it. I know it sounds easy to change, but there are the proper steps and ways to do it. ^^,

I took some pictures with my phone, so here they are:


Below is the picture of the damage done to my right-back-side tire. Can you see the big round shaped white gray-ish dot on it? That 'thing' which may look like a nail had punctured through my tire. We thought, at first, it was a very big nail that punctured through, but wasn't so sure because it didn't look much of a nail. So, Ghazi suggested that tomorrow (yesterday) that we go to the tire shop to get it fixed.


And so we went to the tire shop the next day and had it fixed. So, what had been pulled out from my tire was this, which presumed as a long steel or metal bolt, as shown in the picture below. It didn't have any sharp points on it and I was pretty puzzled and surprised to how it punctured my tire.




The owner of the shop told me that fixing the tire won't last that long, and that I had to check the tire pressure frequently. So basically, the conclusion was to change tires as soon as possible. I've always wanted to change them as they were a bit hard and rough when driving. It ain't good for my suspension systems too. So, insyaALLAH, when there is the money, I'll buy it.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...