Friday, October 14, 2011

Solo Portraiture

Kota Tinggi - Desaru, Johor.

This was a solo portraiture of my old friend, Fitriyana (a.k.a ET). As usual, for every post that I make, there's a story behind it. So, the story behind this photo shoot basically brought me through things that are unfortunate for me on that day.

My friend here, ET, invited me to come over to here house for a very important and special occasion (which I'm not gonna tell y'all directly, or maybe I won't tell at all. haha..). It was Sunday and usually I play badminton with Habib and Ayu (and some other friends) early in the morning, but we didn't because Habib's hand was injured (don't know how though). So, I agreed on her invitation, and eventually came over to her house.

But before arriving to her home, I faced through lots of ordeals. The story goes like this:

She lives in Kota Tinggi; to reach there via highway would take about 45 minutes. The "special occasion" starts at 10am, so I took off from JB at 8.30am. At that time my phone's battery had 3 bars, so I thought that should be enough for a day. Once I was on my way, my dad called. During the conversation, my phone alarmed me with a low battery tone. I knew I can't turn back, so I continued driving, changed the profile to silent and switch to power saver. As I was traveling on the highway, I took the exit to Kota Tinggi. Basically, it was the wrong exit. She told me that I was supposed to take the Desaru exit. I had no choice but to stick with the path I was on. From Kota Tinggi to her house at Desaru would take more than 45 minutes, at that time it was already 9.15am. She told me to head to Desaru and search for a white mosque on the right and turn right from there. I drove very fast just to catch the time left. Then, without realizing, I had passed the mosque. Even though I didn't notice it, I still headed straight and still searched for the mosque till I reached Mersing. Only then I realized I was really lost. By that time it was already 10.45am. I knew I was in deep s***t. I turned back, had to travel 140km to Desaru. Damn! I called her, used the GPS, then end up with a dead battery. Damn! I did stopped by a near petrol station just to charge my battery for a while. When the battery went dead again, I had to stopped somewhere just to charge it. Then eventually, after calling and texting several times, I reached her house. Obviously, the "occasion" already ended, and I arrived very very late. It was 2 pm when I arrived. I felt very ashamed with myself and with her family and other people that were there. I didn't know where to put my face.

Just imagine, lost for 6 hours. Its the same amount of time to travel to Perak (kot!). >_<
I had to make it up for ET, so I continued with the original plan, which was to take photos of her. So, here are my shots.

P/s: I am very and truly sorry ET! huhu







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...